This Policy aims to ensure compliance with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). In summary, the GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
- The right to be informed about the collection & use of your personal data
- The right of access to your personal data and any supplementary information
- The right to rectification of any errors of your personal data
- The right to erasure of any personal data
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data
- The right to data portability of your personal data
- The right to object to processing of your personal data
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
Information about me
Company name: Julia Healey Photography
Registered address: 121 Highthorn Road, York, YO31 9HA
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone number: 07837 411 827
What is Personal Data?
Personal data means any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly be identified in particular by reference to an identifier.
Your personal data includes information such as your name, address, telephone number, email address & any other data collected that could directly or indirectly identify you.
How I collect personal information
Julia Healey Photography collects a variety of information from you throughout the process of booking with me, these include:
- Names, address and contact details of the person(s) using my services
- Names, address and contact details of the person(s) placing a photographic order with me
- Names of participants of a photoshoot/service
- Details about the style of shoot/wedding
- Emails and messages are also stored as long as practical to allow me to provide you with better services
I collect data you provide to me when you contact me through the website (using the ‘contact us’ form or when leaving a testimonial), through social media messaging, send me an email or when you text or phone me.
I also use a system called Google Analytics. This allows me to see how you discovered me (e.g. did you type my website into Google or another search engine). No personal information is collected by using this, it is solely so I can see how my customers found me.
How I use your information
Your data is collected purely so I can provide the best possible service to you, and these details are only stored for as long as practical to allow me to provide you with better future services. Most of the information I collect is given to me by you, however sometimes information could be collected by a third party, for example a family member or friend may book my services for you.
I am committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. I will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any third party. The only exceptions to this are address and contact details that may need to be given to print labs to fulfil any orders, or if details are needed to be shared by way of a court order for Law or Legal requirement.
Controlling your personal information
You may request a copy of your personal data I hold in an electronic format. I will respond to your request within 1 month by providing the data in electronic format. If you find any inaccuracies, I will correct or delete promptly.
Please contact me:-
- If you would like details of the personal information which I hold about you
- If you believe that any information I am holding on you is incorrect or incomplete
- If you would like the personal information which I hold about you to be deleted
- If you would like to unsubscribe from marketing communications
If you choose to do this, please email with your request.
Data security and protection
I ensure the security of any personal information I hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how I store, access and manage that information.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on a user’s computer or mobile device. They are used for a variety of purposes, including personalising pages, remembering visitor preferences, analysing visitor behaviour, managing shopping carts and delivering targeted advertising. Cookies are used to improve the online experience of almost every website, including my own.
Types of cookie
When you use my website, the following four types of cookie may be set on your device:
- Necessary cookies – Necessary cookies are essential for the use of the features and services I offer on this website. Without these cookies, the services you want to use (such as view and buy your images) cannot be possible.
- Functional cookies – These cookies allow us to provide you with a better online experience when you use my website. They do not gather or store any information which would allow us to identify you personally.
- Performance cookies – Performance cookies collect information about how my customers use my site so that I can improve my site. These cookies collect anonymous information on the pages visited. For example, I might use performance cookies to keep track of which pages are most popular, which method of linking between pages is most effective, and to determine why some pages are receiving error messages.
- Targeting cookies – These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. Advertising Bureau has put together a great resource for information on behavioural advertising: how it works, further information about cookies, and steps you can take to protect your privacy on the internet. For more information please visit youronlinechoices.com
Most internet browsers allow you to erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies (or just third-party cookies) or warn you before a cookie is stored. You can choose to restrict or block cookies through your browser settings at any time.
For more information about how to do this, and about cookies in general, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note that certain cookies may be set as soon as you visit this website, but you can remove them using your browser settings. However, please be aware that restricting or blocking cookies may impact the functionality or performance of my website. Some cookies on this site are essential, and the site won’t work as expected without them. These cookies are set when you submit a form, view pictures, login or interact with the site by doing something that goes beyond clicking on simple links.
Purchases & Client Galleries
The client albums and shopping cart utilize SSL security and all online payment information is taken by PayPal on their secure servers.
Whilst making a purchase, information such as your name, address and email will be required. These details will be used for the purpose of the transaction only and will not breach any of your rights under The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2003/2426/contents/made
Purchases can also be made via Bank Transfer whereby I provide you with my bank details rather than requiring details from you.
If you have any queries on any of the above, please do not hesitate to contact me. For information on the guidelines we use and are governed by with data you can also see more information on the ICO (Information Commissioner Office) website at www.ico.org.uk